Summer Reading is here again!!
And we are going to have a great time with our science theme this year!!
This year we tried something new--having a week of pre-registration for the reading club--instead of signing up on the first day of the program. Children can start recording their days on Tuesday--our first day of the Summer Reading Program. Our program runs from Tuesday, May 27 through Friday, July 11th. All of our programs are free and open to the public. Some events do require pre-registration.
Some of our programs will include:
- Kickoff event with Wildlife Encounters
- Park and Read at Washington Park every Monday at noon
- Legos @ your library every Tuesday from 10-11 AM
- Mad Scientist University (for students entering 1st - 6th grades) Four Tuesday afternoon sessions in June
- Baby & Me Storytime every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:15 AM
- Power Up and Read Storytime every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 AM
- Song and S'mores
- Stories and S'mores
- Evening storytimes
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover
- And a Storytime Play Day!!
Visit our library's website for more details!!
We will also continue our reading program--with small prizes as reading incentives. (Read more about our reading program here). We have a special early literacy program for children birth through prekindergarten...
and our regular reading program for children going into kindergarten through 6th grade.