Monday, December 15, 2014

Got Legos?

When I started a Lego program at my former library I thought I had ordered a good amount of Legos... Six tubs ($500) worth of Legos!  There was always plenty of Legos to go around--even with the larger groups (of around 50 people).


Here are the Legos at my new library district...



Yes, 64 tubs of Legos plus 14 tubs of Duplos!!  Now that is a lot of Legos!!  Basically each child got their own tub (whereas at my old library 3-4 children shared one tub).  Obviously the district had more than just $500 to spend on Legos.  I also found out they bought their Legos "by the pound" off Ebay.  To tell you the truth I think this amount of Legos is an overkill.  Even with all the creations made there was barely a dent made in the number of Legos!

Here are a few of the cool Lego creations made at the all day build event!

Who knew Legos could be put together like this!

 


Santa's Rocketship
 

No comments: