Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hands and Feet Outreach Storytime

I was excited to do this storytime--but it fell pretty flat.  I don't know if it was because I wasn't feeling well...but later I figured out that I didn't share a book with an actual plot--you know, beginning, middle, end.  Instead they were more just "concept" books--which are all great in and of themselves, but just three of those did not make the best storytime.

Here's what I did

Books

Handiest Things in the World
by Andrew Clements; photographs by Raquel Jaramillo

Who Has These Feet?
by Laura Hulbert; illustrated by Erik Brooks

Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb
by Al Perkins; illustrated by Eric Gurney

2nd classroom I did this book instead

Hands Say Love
by George Shannon; illustrated by Taeeun Yoo
Songs

If You're Happy and You Know It
Clap your hands
Stomp your feet
Shout hooray
Do all three

My Hands
My hands upon my head I'll place
Upon my shoulders on my face
At my waist and by my side
And then behind me they will hide
Then I will raise them way up high
And let my fingers fly, fly, fly
Then clap, clap, clap and 1, 2, 3
Let's sit down quietly.

Two Feet
I can walk on two feet, on two feet, on two feet
I can walk on two feet all day long.

I can run on two feet, on two feet, on two feet
I can run on two feet all day long.

I can tiptoe on two feet, on two feet, on two feet
I can tiptoe on two feet all day long.

I can jump on two feet, on two feet, on two feet
I can jump on two feet all day long

I can march on two feet, on two feet, on two feet
I can march on two feet all day long

I can hop on one foot, on one foot, on one foot
I can hop on one foot all day long.

No comments: