Saturday, October 14, 2017

Touch a Fire Truck Storytime

A huge turnout for our Touch a Fire Truck Storytime!!  I knew our small library would draw a big crowd so I put out tarps on the lawn so we had an outdoor storytime!  Thankfully the weather was really nice.  We ended up with over 90 people at the program! (Our usual storytimes pull in about 30)  I think everyone had a good time.

Books

Fire Engine Man
Andrea Zimmerman & David Clemesha

Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake
Eileen Christelow


Song

When I'm a Fire Fighter!
(tune: Here we go 'round the Mulberry Bush)

Set the stage...we are fire fighters, asleep at the fire station

This is the way the alarm sounds
The alarm sounds
The alarm sounds
This is the way the alarm sounds
When I'm a fire fighter!

This is the way I jump out of bed
...I slide down the pole
...I put on my gear
...I drive the truck
...the siren sounds
...spray my hose

We walked next door to the fire station.  The firemen had pulled out the engine.  We gathered around and watched the fireman put on (and explain) his gear.  The kids got to get their picture taken with the fireman.  The kids also got to go inside the fire truck.






I had some outdoor activities back at the library for any kids who wanted to go back and play.

We will definitely be doing this storytime again next fall!!

No comments: