Thursday, January 11, 2018

Snow Storytime

What a day for this theme!  We had snow all day!!  The kids were so excited!

Books

Big Snow
by Jonathan Bean

The Snowy Day
by Ezra Jack Keats


Song

(tune: If you're happy and you know it)

There's a snowflake on my head, on my head
There's a snowflake on my head, on my head
I caught this little flake, now give a little shake
There's a snowflake on my head, on my head.

Additional verses: (keeping line 3 the same)
Any body part
Face
Tummy
Back
Toe

Flannel Board

One little snowflake with nothing to do
Along came another and then there were two.

Two little snowflakes flying past me
Along came another and then there were three.

Three little snowflakes looking for some more
Along cam another and then there were four.

Four little snowflakes dancing a jive
Along came another and then there were five.

Five little snowflakes having so much fun
Out came the sun and then there were none!

Play and Learn

Pattern Block Snowflakes
(idea from Frugal Fun 4 Boys)
Cut pieces from white, blues, and purples using Ellison's Die Cut Set

Additional or Alternate Books

A Kitten Tale
by Eric Rohmann

Hello Snow
by Hope Vestergaard; illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott

No comments: