Friday, August 1, 2014

"Rainy" Storytime

Our summer reading theme for this week was weather.  I decided to focus on rain.  We had a fun time together!

Ready for stoytime!!

Books:

Tap Tap Boom Boom by Elizabeth Bluemle; illustrated by G. Brian Karas

Move Over, Rover!  by Karen Beaumont; illustrated by Jane Dyer
Songs/Rhymes/Fingerplays:


R-A-I-N-Y

There is a day when I get wet and rainy in the weather.
R-A-I-N-Y
R-A-I-N-Y
R-A-I-N-Y
And rainy is the weather.

(see this post for full instructions)

Silly Dance Contest (on Jim Gill's The Sneezing Song CD)

Rain is Falling Down

Rain is falling down, Splash! (clap!)
Rain is falling down, Splashe! (clap)
Pitter patter, pitter patter (pat thighs)
Rain...is...falling...down...SPLASH!
(Repeat with two splashes)

Play and Learn Activities

Weather Calendar with weather stamps

Cotton Ball Clouds

What is under the umbrella?

Gears

Magnets

No comments: