Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Storytime Blogs

I am definitely an idea gatherer.  I love to sift through other people’s ideas, gather together the ones I like the best, and blend them into something my own.  I rarely come up with anything “original”.  One thing I love about storytime presenters is that they love to share what they have done!  Online collaboration is a great resource we should use to keep our ideas fresh and exciting and to share things we have done that have worked well (and sometime sharing what didn’t go well is beneficial too!).

I have several storytime blogs I follow and I turn to them when I need ideas for themes, great books that fit a theme, new books, songs, fingerplays, and flannel boards and sometimes activities we could incorporate into our Play and Learn.  I love these resources because they are written by fellow storytime presenters who are actually doing storytime regularly at public libraries. 

Here are a few storytime blogs you may want to explore when you need fresh ideas!



What are some of your favorite storytime blogs?

No comments: