Friday, May 27, 2016

Baby Storytime

I was scheduled for a morning meeting today...but we finished early so I got to do Baby Storytime after all!! Made my day!  I am "in-between" themes since we ended Spring last week and I didn't quite have all the books for June.  It was fun anyway...and we probably really don't need a theme, but it keeps my creative juices flowing.

Songs/Rhymes/Bounces

Clap, Clap, Clap
Hello Song
Little Bear
I Have a Little Duck
Tiny Little Babies
The Rain is Falling Down
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Hey Diddle Diddle
Jack and Jill
Acka Backa Soda Cracker

Parachute with Jim Gill's Alabama, Mississippi

Read Aloud Book

Baby Party
by Rebecca O'Connell; illustrated by Susie Poole

Shared Reading
An assortment of board books

Play and Learn

We ended with the parachute which was a ton of fun!  The babies loved shaking it, putting our puppets in it, and crawling under it!  I've found myself putting out less toys during our play and learn part--they babies are happy and content with what's there and it seems to help them focus on one thing a bit longer.

No comments: