Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Duck Storytime

Ducks and ducklings is always a fun storytime!  I used a few new books (to me) but stuck with old favorites for the songs!

Books

Just a Duck?
Carin Bramsen

Come Along, Daisy!
Jane Simmons

Duckie's Ducklings:  A One-to-Ten Counting Book
by Frances Barry

Songs/Flannel Board

Five Little Ducks
5 little ducks went out to play
Over the hills and far away
When Mother Duck said
"Quack, quack, quack, quack"
4 little ducks came waddling back.

Continue counting down through zero

But when the Daddy Duck said,
"QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!"
5 little ducks came waddling back!

Hop, Hop, Stop!
Hop, hop, stop!
Hop, hop, stop!
Run a little,
Run a little
Sit down, Plop!

I have a Little Duck
(tune: Wheels on the Bus)

I have a little duck that goes
"Quack, quack, quack
Quack, quack, quack
Quack, quack, quack
I have a little duck that goes
"Quack, quack, quack!"
All day long.

Additional verse:

Waddle
Swim
Bob up and down
Quack

My Hands
My hands upon my head I'll place
Upon my shoulders, on my face
At my waist and by my side
And then behind me they will hide.
I will raise them way up high
And let my fingers fly, fly, fly
Then clap, clap, clap
And 1, 2, 3
Let's sit down quietly.


Play and Learn

Water table with hard plastic ducks

Ducks numbered 1-5 give them the right number of buttons

Coloring page

Train

Puppets

Farm Magnets

No comments: