Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Dragon Storytime

A big group of young preschoolers with school having started last week.  It was a fun storytime that one of my co-workers put together.  Thanks Kelsey!

Books

The Sunflower Sword
by Mark Sperring; illustrated by Miriam Latimer


How to Dress a Dragon
by  Thelma Lynne Godin; illustrated by Eric Barclay

Songs/Flannels 

ABC Welcome Song

Flannel Board: Colored Dragons
(written and created by my talented co-worker, Cindy!)

In my family, we see dragons.
For us all it's quite a game.
Why not play with me today and
Dragons' colors we will name.

Each and every sleepy nighttime,
When I crawl into my bed,
There's a dragon on my pillow
And he is colored red.

In the morning when I get up,
And switch on the bathroom light,
In the bathtub hides a dragon
And she is colored white.

When I'm hungry and go looking
For a snack or juice to drink
There's a dragon in the kitchen,
And he is colored pink.

When we need to get some groceries,
Dad and I drive into town.
There's a dragon by the roadside!
And she is colored brown.

At the park when we are hiking,
And Mom stops to tie my shoe,
Atop a rock we see a dragon--
And he is colored blue.

When we get hot and cranky
Brother and I are sent out back
There's a dragon in our wading pool!
And she is colored black.

Working warmly in the garden,
Sis and I pick ripe string beans.
A dragon's munching our tomatoes--
And she is colored green.

We see dragons everywhere, now.
They are friendly, smart and mellow.
My most favorite is the smallest--
And he is colored yellow.

Though our color game is over,
Just tell me, please, if YOU know:
How many dragons are there
In this living dragon rainbow?

If You're Happy and You Know It

Clap your hands
Stomp your feet
Shout "Hooray!"
Do all three

Dragon, Dragon

Dragon, Dragon turn around
Dragon, Dragon touch the ground.
Dance on your toes
Touch your nose
Reach up high
Touch the sky
Bend down low
Touch your toe
Jump up now
Take a bow
Stomp your feet
Take a seat.

Play and Learn

Make a flying dragon (from Create in the Chaos)
Duplo Legos
Straws and Connectors
Sorting Dinos
Pool Noodle "Blocks"
Coloring sheet

No comments: