Thursday, December 8, 2016

Rhyme Time Storytime

I used this storytime at the library for preschool and it went over so well I took it to several outreach preschool storytimes--which had mixed results.  One group loved it; another didn't.  I decided that the kids need to have a sense of rhyming before enjoying the books.


Books



Monkey and Duck Quack Up!
by Jennifer Hamburg; illustrated by Edwin Fotheringham





Rhyming Dust Bunnies
by Jan Thomas



Sheep Go To Sleep
by Nancy Shaw


Song/Flannel Board

ABC Welcome Song



Down by the Bay



If You're Happy and You Know It


Down by the Bay

Down by the bay, where the watermelons grow
Back to home, I dare not go
For if I do, my mother will say, "Did you ever see a..."

  • snake eating a cake
  • cat wearing a hat
  • whale jump out of a pail
  • King sitting in a swing
  • dragon pulling a wagon
  • fox jump into a box
  • bear sitting in a chair
  • dog kissing a frog

Down by the bay?



Play and Learn
Rhyming "worksheet" (found here)


A variety of Play and Learn toys


No comments: