Friday, March 24, 2017

Lego Night

A local elementary school invited the library for their 3rd annual Dad & Sons Lego Night!  We have attended all three years, but I didn't get to go last year, so I was excited to be back!

I took 16 tubs of Legos and 4 tubs of Duplo.  Next year I will plan on taking 24 tubs of Legos and 8 Duplo!  It was a great turn out with just over 100 in attendance!

This year I made up 8 different Lego Challenges and had a few on each of the tables.  Several kids enjoyed doing the challenges!

  • Build something with a "handful" of Legos
  • Build something in less than a minute
  • Build something using only one color
  • Build something using only 2x2 bricks
  • Build something using just one hand
  • Build a bridge
  • Write your name in Lego
  • Build a tic-tac-toe game and play it with someone

Here are some photos from the event

Three challenges in one!
















No comments: