Saturday, October 14, 2017

Pirate Storytime

Two Pirate storytimes with two different sets of books.  I liked all of them, but my second group needed shorter books.

Books
Pirate Treasure Hunt!
by Jan Peck; illustrated by Adrian Tans

Peg Leg Peke
by Brie Spangler

I Love My Pirate Papa
by Laura Leuck; illustrated by Kyle M. Stone

Bubble Bath Pirates!
by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Song

When I was one I sucked my thumb
The day I went to sea
I jumped aboard a pirate ship
And the captain said to me:

We go this way (lean to left)
And that way (lean to right)
And forwards (step forwards)
And backwards (step backwards)
Across the deep blue sea! (spin in a circle)

Play and Learn

Dig for gold coins in the sand


Go on a treasure hunt around the room finding pirate related pictures


I found this cute song after storytime...I'll put it here to remind me for next time!

The Busy Pirates
(Start verse from a crouching position)

The pirates stand up
The pirates sit down
The pirates are running
All around town.
But where is their Captain?
Look carefully
He's snoring loudly
Beneath a tree.

No comments: