Thursday, May 24, 2018

Frogs!

Books

I Don't Want to Be a Frog
by Dev Petty; illustrated by Mike Boldt

Down by the Cool of the Pool
by Tony Mitton; illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees


Graph  Question
Which animal can jump the farthest?

            Frog, bunny, kangaroo, grasshopper

Songs

Tiny Tim (magnet board)
(tune: The Grand Old Duke of York)

I have a little froggy
His name is Tiny Tim
I put him in the bathtub
To see if he could swim
He drank up all the water
He gobbled up the soap
And when he tried to talk
He had a bubble in his throat.

Oh, bubble, bubble, bubble
Bubble, bubble, POP!
Bubble, bubble, bubble
Bubble, bubble, POP!

After teaching the song and going over it a few times we sang it through and then I blew bubbles for the kids while the parents sang the bubble part.

I Have a Little Frog
I have a little frog that goes jump, jump, jump
Jump, jump, jump! Jump, jump, jump!
I have a little frog that goes jump, jump, jump
All day long!

Additional Verses:
Ribbit!
Swim

Little Frog--Magnet Board Activity

Little Frog, Little Frog come out and play
What color log are you behind today?

Play and Learn

Make a Lily Pad game to take home and play

No comments: