Thursday, July 19, 2018

Libraries Rock! Making Music

Oh, this was such a fun [and noisy] storytime!!

Books

Punk Farm
by Jarrett J. Krosoczka 

My Family Plays Music
by Judy Cox; illustrated by Elbrite Brown
I passed out all the instruments that the girl plays in the book and when we got to that part of the book the child played that instrument.  I had extras of some of the instruments so each child would have something to play!

I skipped lines 3 & 4 of each stanza on a page to make the book shorter.  For example:
This is my mom.
She plays fiddle in a country-and western band.
When I play with her, I play the tambourine.

Songs

Head Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Bluegrass Band

Clap It! (with musical instruments)

Play and Learn

Play with musical instruments

Make a shaker (paper plate, streamers, beans)

No comments: