Saturday, June 30, 2018

Libraries Rock! Family Storytime

(from June)

Books
Dancing Feet!
by Lindsey Craig; illustrated by Marc Brown

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
by Eric Litwin; illustrated by James Dean

My Family Plays Music
by Judy Cox; illustrated by Elbrite Brown

I passed out all the instruments that the girl plays in the book and when we got to that part of the book the child played that instrument.  Since I had such a small group each child got to play multiple instruments.  If my group was bigger than the number of instruments the girl plays, I had extras of some of the instruments so each child would have something to play!

I skipped lines 3 & 4 of each stanza on a page to make the book shorter.  For example:
This is my mom.
She plays fiddle in a country-and western band.
When I play with her, I play the tambourine.


Song

I've Changed My Mind
by Jim Gill
Danced with ribbon streamers

Action Rhyme

One Bright Scarf

One bright scarf waiting for the wind to blow
Wiggle it high
Wiggle it low
Shake it fast
Shake it slow
Hide it behind your back
Where'd it go?
Here it is!

No comments: