Friday, October 12, 2018

Big Books and Babybug

To mix things up a bit I did a four week series called "Big Books and Babybugs", in which I read aloud a big book from our staff collection and the babies and adults read Babybug magazines together.

Songs/Rhymes/Bounces

Clap Your Hands (from Baby-O CD)

Good Morning

When Cows get up in the Morning

This is Me!
2 little eyes to look around
2 little ears to hear each sound
1 little nose to smell what’s sweet

1 little mouth that likes to eat!

Toast
The Grand Old Duke of York (from Baby-O CD)

The Wheels on the Bus

Head Shoulders Knees and Toes

The Elevator Song (from Baby-O CD)

May There Always be Sunshine (from Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem)
At Jim Gill's workshop I attended in August he talked about using this song and putting in the names of the children.  I'm not the best singer, so I didn't like doing that without some music.  But I'm glad I gave it a try!

Read Aloud Big Books
What's the Shape?
by Judy Nayer
I like the big, sharp photographs in this book

Where's Spot?
by Eric Hill

I Love Animals
by Flora McDonnell

Time for Bed
by Mem Fox

Shared Reading

A variety of Babybug Magazines


No comments: