Saturday, November 16, 2019

Book Cheer

I used the Library Cheer by Brod Bagert when I visited 3rd graders to tell them about the library.  For visual aids I found books for each one described in the cheer.  Here are the books I used:

(I made a few changes...)

Refrain:
Books are good
Books are great
I like books
I cannot wait!

Bird Books
Magnificent Birds
by Narisa Togo
Bug Books
Insects and Creepy-Crawlies
by Jinny Johnson
Bear Books, too
Mission: Panda Rescue
by Kitson Jazynka with Daniel Raven-Ellison
Words and pictures through and through

Refrain

Books in color
Mr. Wolf's Class
by Aron Nels Steinke

Black and white
Owly
by Andy Runton

Thin books
Coral Reefs
by Kristin Baird Rattini

Thick books
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
by Brian Selznick
Day and Night!

Refrain

Sad books
The Lost Puppy
by Holly Webb

Glad books
Happy!
by Pharrell Williams

Funny books, too!
George Brown, Class Clown
by Nancy Krulik; illustrated by Aaron Blecha

Books for me and books for you!

Refrain

No comments: