Thursday, January 23, 2020

Winter and Snow

I have had a lot of fun this week with our theme of Winter and Snow!  I did a preschool storytime on Tuesday and an outreach storytime today using these books--some of my favorites!!

Books
Don't Wake Up the Bear!
by Marjorie Dennis Murray; illustrated by Patricia Wittmann

Froggy Gets Dressed
by Jonathan London; illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz

Songs

Snowflake, Snowflake
use die cut snowflakes

Snowflakes, snowflakes turn around
Snowflakes, snowflakes drifting down.
Snowflakes, snowflakes on my nose
Snowflakes, snowflakes on my toes!
Snowflakes, snowflakes in the air
Snowflakes, snowflakes everywhere!
Snowflakes, snowflakes dance around
Snowflakes, snowflakes falling down.


(I had a huge group at my in-house storytime and I wasn't sure if I had enough snowflakes, so we did Jim Gill's Silly Dance Contest instead)

On my outreach visit I also added Are You Sleeping?

Are you sleeping, are you sleeping
Little bear?  Little bear?
<snore>
Wake up little bear! Wake up little bear!
Growl, growl, growl!
Growl, growl, growl!

Other animals included: fox (run) and horse (gallop)

Play and Learn

White chalk and crayons on dark paper

No comments: