Thursday, March 5, 2020

Chicken Storytime--Toddlers

Books
Hurry! Hurry!
by Eve Bunting; illustrated by Jeck Mack

Chicken, Chicken, Duck
by Nadia Krilanovich

I Spy on the Farm
by Edward Gibb

Songs/Rhymes

Run, Baby, Run!
Casper Babypants

I'm a Little Chick
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little chick, yellow and soft.
I was born in a hayloft.
I play all day and I cheep, cheep, cheep
Then back to the barn where I sleep, sleep, sleep.

Ten Fluffy Chicks
Five eggs and five eggs
That makes ten.
Sitting on top is Mother Hen.
Crack! Crack! Crack!
What do you see?
Ten fluffy chickens
As yellow as can be!

Cluck, Cluck
(tune: Baa, Baa Black Sheep)

Cluck, cluck red hen
Have you any chicks?
Yes sir! Yes sir!
I have six!
Two that are yellow
Two that are brown
Two that are flying upside down!

Cluck, cluck red hen
Have you any chicks?
Yes sir! Yes sir!
I have six!

Cluck, Cluck!
Cluck, cluck went the little red hen one day
Cluck, cluck went the little red hen
Cluck, cluck went the little red hen one day
And her chicks went cheep, cheep, cheep!

Magnet Board

Little chick, little chick come out and play
What color barn are you in today?

Play and Learn
Plastic Easter Eggs and Pompoms

Additional Books

Five Little Chicks
by Nancy Tafuri

Big Fat Hen
by Keith Baker

Wee Little Chick
by Lauren Thompson; illustrated by John Butler

No comments: