Thursday, September 3, 2020

Cats and Kittens--Virtual Storytime

Welcome Song

Welcome, welcome everyone
We're together let's have some fun
Stories, songs, and puppets too
Storytime is a place for you
Do you know your ABCs?
Come along and sing with me.

Now I know my ABCs
Next time won't you sing with me.

Guess What I Brought

1.  This is an animal
2.  It can live in many different places: outside, on a farm, or even in the house
3.  It has soft fur
4.  It likes to purr and says, "Meow"

It's a CAT!
Book

Where to Sleep
by Kandy Radzinski
Read with permission from the publisher: Sleeping Bear Press


Movement

I'm a little kitty cat, soft and sweet
Here are my whiskers, here are my feet
When I go out hunting, mice beware!
Or you might just get a ... SCARE!!

Flannel

Rainbow Kittens

Six little kittens found a box of paint.
They jumped right in...their mother will faint!
The 1st little kitten came out all red
"I'll be orange," the 2nd kitten said.
The 3rd little kitten turned bright yellow
"I'll be green," said the 4th little fellow. 
The 5th kitten said, "My favorite is blue"
"Purple for me," said the 6th with a mew
Dancing home the kittens go
To show their mother a KITTEN RAINBOW!

Parent Tip

An ordinal number is a number that tells the position of something in a list, such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  Using ordinal numbers with your child is an easy way to add math into your daily life to help your child be ready for kindergarten.  By simple talking about consistent, sequential daily activities, you are teaching ordinal numbers.  First, we will go to the library.  Second, we will stop at the grocery store.  Third, we will come home and eat lunch.

Book

Everybody Says Meow
by Constance Lombardo
Read with permission from the publisher: Harper--an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers


Flannel

K-I-T-T-Y
(tune: Bingo)

I know a cat with perky ears and Kitty is her name-o
K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y

She makes a sound and it's "meow", and Kitty is her name-o.
K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y

Her teeth and claws are very sharp, and Kitty is her name-o.
K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y

She loves to sleep and then to stretch, and Kitty is her name-o.
K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y, K-I-T-T-Y

Animal Goodbyes

See you later, Alligator
Blow a kiss, Goldfish
Give a hug, Ladybug
Toodaloo, Kangaroo
Bye-bye, Butterly
Take care, Polar Bear!

Update

Received an author call out after this storytime was posted!


No comments: