Friday, May 28, 2021

Baby Animals

 ABC Welcome

Magnet Board

I Like Baby Animals
(tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb)

I like baby animals, animals, animals
I like baby animals, I'll name a few for you 

Kittens, puppies, chicks and cubs
Chicks and cubs
Chicks and cubs
Kittens, puppies, chicks and cubs
I'll name some more for you.

Joeys, ducklings, lambs and calves
Lambs and calves
Lambs and calves
Joeys, ducklings, lamb and calves
I love baby animals!

(cubs--bear, lion, tiger)
(calves--cow, elephant, walrus)

Parent Tip
Having a rich vocabulary will help your child become a life-long learner.  Vocabulary is developed when adultes share words with children in context and talk about words--as we did with baby animal names.  The more words we introduce and talk about with our children the more prepared they will be to read.

Book
Wee Little Chick
by Lauren Thompson; illustrated by John Butler
Published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Song

Are You Sleeping?

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Little colt? Little colt?
Wake-up little colt, wake-up little colt
Gallop, gallop, gallop
Gallop, gallop, gallop!

Owlet
Hatchling (alligator)
Bunny
Snakelet
Pinkie (mouse)

Fingerplay

I'm a Little Kitty Cat

I'm a little kitty cat soft and sweet
Here are my whiskers, here are my feet.
When I go out hunting, mice beware
Or you might just get a ... SCARE!

Animal Goodbyes


No comments: