Friday, June 4, 2021

Rain and Rainbows--Zoom Storytime

 Today we started a 2nd Zoom storytime for the summer.  We will repeat Thursday evening storytimes on Friday mornings.

Hello, Hello!

Book
Raindrops to Rainbows
by John Micklos Jr.; illustrated by Charlene Chua
Published by Penguin Workshop

Fingerplay
Rain is falling all around
On the housetop, on the ground
Rain is falling on my nose
On my head and hands and toes!

Song

The Ants Go Marching

Book
Move Over, Rover!
by Karen Beaumont; illustrated by Jane Dyer
Published by Harcourt, Inc.

Fingerplay
The rain is falling down. Splash!
The rain is falling down. Splash!
Pitter-patter, pitter, patter
The rain is falling down. Splash!

Flannel

Rainbow Kittens
Six little kittens found a box of paint
They jumped right in...their mother will faint!
The 1st kitten came out all red.
"I'll be orange", the 2nd kitten said.
The 3rd little kitten turned bright yellow.
"I'll be green", said the 4th little fellow.
The 5th kitten said, "My favorite color is blue."
"Purple for me", said the 6th with a mew.
Dancing home the kittens go
To show their mother a kitten rainbow!

Book
Wake Up, Color Pup
by Taia Morley
Published by Random House

Goodbye
My hands say goodbye with a clap, clap, clap
My toes say goodbye with a tap, tap, tap
Clap, clap, clap
Tap, tap, tap
We roll our arms and say...
Goodbye!

No comments: