Friday, April 22, 2022

Back to Storytime (Week 2)

I decided that storytimes for the first month or so would just be kind of "random" as we all get back into the swing of things.

Welcome Song

Hello Song

Hello, hello! Can you clap your hands?
Hello, hello! Can you clap your hands?
Can you reach up high?
Can you bend down low?
Can you turn around?
Can you say hello?

(repeat with "stomp your feet")

Fingerplay

Put Your Hands Up High
(tune: Do your ears hand low?)

Put your hands up high
Put your hands down low
Put your hands in the middle
And wiggle them so.
Put your elbows in front
Put your elbows in back
Put your elbows to the side
And quack, quack, quack!

Book

Splish, Splash, Ducky!
by Lucy Cousins

Flannel Board Song

Five Little Ducks

Song

If You're Happy and You Know It

My Hands

My hands upon my head I'll place
Upon my shoulders, on my face
At my waist and by my side
And then behind me they will hide
Then I will raise them way up high
And let my fingers fly, fly, fly
Then clap, clap, clap
And 1, 2, 3
Let's sit down quietly.

Book

A Parade of Elephants
by Kevin Henkes

Song

Silly Dance Contest
Jim Gill

Book
Dear Zoo: A Pop-up Book
by Rod Campbell

Magnet Board Game

Curious George Hide and Seek
Curious George is playing hide and seek
Is he behind the ________ (color) hat?
Let's take a peek!

Goodbye Song

My hands say goodbye with a clap, clap, clap!
Our feet say goodbye with a tap, tap, tap!
Clap, clap, clap! Tap, tap, tap!
We roll our arms and say...
"Goodbye!"

No comments: