Saturday, August 6, 2022

Tigers

ABC Welcome

Flannel

T-I-G-E-R
(tune: Old MacDonald had a Farm)

There is a cat with lots of stripes
T-I-G-E-R
It is big and orange and black
T-I-G-E-R
With very big paws
And sharp, sharp claws
Great big teeth, scratchy tongue, and his legs can really run!
There is a cat with lots of stripes
T-I-G-E-R

Book
The Tiptoeing Tiger
by Philippa Leathers

Movement

I Can Walk on Two Feet OR Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

My Hands

Book
Cats are Cats
by Valeri Gorbachev

Song

I've Changed My Mind
Jim Gill
with scarves

Parent Tip
Reading nonfiction to preschoolers

Book
Tigers
by Kate Riggs

Magnet Board

Five Little Tigers

Five little tigers out for a stroll
One tripped on a rock and started to roll!
She bounced down the hill and landed with a flop!
How many tigers are left walking through the swamp?

Book
Don't Wake Up the Tiger
by Britta Teckentrup

My Hands Say Goodbye


Alternate Books
One Happy Tiger
by Catherine Rayner
Oh, No!
by Candace Fleming; illustrated by Eric Rohmann

I am a Cat
by Galia Bernstein

No comments: