Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Winter (Part 2)

A much younger crowd than usual, so I had to change a lot on the spot.  Overall though it went good.

Books


Bears in the Snow
by Shirley Parenteau, illustrated by David Walker



Penguin and Pinecone
by Salina Yoon



One Snowy Morning
by Kevin Tseng, illustrated by Dana Wulfekotte

Songs and Movement

Hello, Hello

I've Changed My Mind
Jim Gill

Jump Up, Turn Around
Jim Gill

Once There was a Snowman

My Hands Say Goodbye

Flannel Board

Three Little Snowmen
Three little snowmen standing in a row
Each had two eyes and a carrot for a nose
Out came the sun and shone all day
And one little snowman melted away.

Where is Snowman?
(tune: Where is Thumbkin?)

Where is snowman? Where is snowman?
Look and see.  Look and see.
Itty bitty snowman. Itty bitty snowman.
Hiding from me. Hiding from me.

(different color felt mittens)

Open Ended Craft
Circle punches
Blues and white paper
Glue, scissors, crayons

Play
Train
Wooden Beads
Puzzles
Cars

No comments: