Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Stormy Weather

 A few weeks ago we were having rainy, stormy weather.  Of course by the time I got this storytime ready is warm and sunny!  I had a mixed bag of kids todays--preschool to young toddlers--so it wasn't a super successful storytime.  I should have stopped after two books.  Or not have done the longer "May I Come In?".

Books

May I Come In?
by Marsha Diane Arnold; illustrated by Jennie Poh

A Good Day for Ducks
by Jane Whittingham; illustrated by Noel Tuazon

Move Over, Rover!
Karen Beaumont; illustrated by Jane Dyer

Songs and Movement

Hello, Hello

Itsy Bitsy Spider--5 ways

We're Stomping in the Rain
(tune: The Farmer in the Dell)

We're stomping in the rain
We're stomping in the rain
We can't go yet, we must get wet
We're stomping in the rain.

Additional verses:
Clapping, jumping, turning

I've Changed My Mind
Jim Gill (w/scarves)

Popcorn Kernels

My Hands Say, "Let's Play!"

Process Art

Water Color Paints

Optional Book

The Big Storm: A Very Soggy Counting Book
by Nancy Tafuri

No comments: