Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tub Time! Storytime

You can never go wrong with a bath-themed storytime, followed by water play!

Books

Dini Dinosaur
by Karen Beaumont; illustrated by Daniel Roode

Squeaky Clean
by Simon Puttock; illustrated by Mary McQuillan

Flannel Board/Songs

Flannel Board:  Five Elephants in the Bathtub

One elephant in the bathtub, going for a swim
Knock, knock (clap twice)
Splash, splash (slap knees twice)
Come on in!

Continue adding elephants one at a time until...

Five elephants in the bathtub going for a swim
Knock, knock
Splash, splash
They all fell in!

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

My Hands
My hands upon my head I'll place
Upon my shoulders, on my face
At my waist and by my side
And then behind me they will hide
Then I will raise them way up high
And let my fingers fly, fly, fly
Then clap, clap, clap and 1, 2, 3
Let's sit down, quietly.

Play and Learn

Water Table with duckies and other water toys
Bubbles
Musical Instruments
Blocks
Coloring Page

Of course, the water table was most popular, following closely by the bubbles!

No comments: