Tuesday, December 17, 2013

G is for Gift-giving

December Outreach Storytime to Kindercare

Books

Rabbit's Gift by George Shannon; illustrated by Laura Dronzek


One Winter's Day by M Christina Butler; illustrated by Tina Macnaughton

Ten Little [Christmas] Presents by Jean Marzollo
Left out the words Christmas and Santa when I read this aloud.

Songs/Rhymes/Fingerplays

A Gift for Mommy (adapted from here)

I want to get a gift for Mommy
Let me think, what could I find?
I don't have any money to pay
Let's see what comes to mind...

I know she likes some fancy shoes
I bet she'd like them blue!

Maybe a fancy, party ring?
A purple one could be the thing!

A mug for coffee she likes to drink?
I know she likes the color pink!

Or a purse to carry all her stuff
A red one might be big enough!

An orange scarf, fresh and light,
With white polka dots, could be right!

I know what I can give to Mommy
I know that this won't miss!

I'll tell her, "Mommy, I love you"
With a great big hug and kiss!

Winter's in the Air  (Action cards from oopseydaisyblog)
(Sung to 1 little, 2 little, 3 little...)

Twist, twist, twist like a candy cane
Twist, twist, twist like a candy cane
Twist, twist, twist like a candy cane
Winter's in the air!

Run like the gingerbread man

March like a nutcracker

Twinkle like a star

Twirl like a snowflake

Melt like a snowman

No comments: