Saturday, December 19, 2015

Baby Storytime--Christmas

Yesterday the meeting I was assigned to go to was cancelled because of the weather...so I got to do one more baby storytime this year!  Hooray!  It was a small crowd because of the weather, but still so much fun!

Since I didn't know I would be doing storytime until the morning of I didn't have books collected for "Shared Reading" so we read two books aloud.

Songs/Rhymes/Bounces

Clap, Clap, Clap Your Hands
Good Morning to You
Little Bear
Jingle Bells
Roly-Poly
Mix and Stir
Pop Goes the Weasel
Pat-a-cake
Pease Porridge Hot
Acka Backa Soda Cracker
Tickle the Clouds

Read Aloud Books

Where is Baby's Christmas Present
by Karen Katz

The Snowman Shuffle
by Christianne C. Jones
Illustrated by Emma Randall

Play and Learn
Several babies had fun crawling through the tunnel!  The look of pride and excitement on their faces (and their parents' faces) is priceless!!

One little boy in particular  loves when I bring out the little buckets so he can carry them around, fill them up, empty them, and fill them up again!

One of my oldest (19 months) was very helpful getting the toys out and putting things away!  He remembers the little kitchenette where the toys are kept before play and learn and went straight back there when I announced we'd play.  After we cleaned up I usually just put the toys on the table to sanitize, but my little guy "knew" they went back into the kitchenette so we put them in there!

I absolutely love working with my babies and their parents!

No comments: