Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Bedtime Storytime

I had a crazy bunch of kids last week at my all ages storytime!!  Thankfully "Are You Sleeping?" song calmed most of them down!  Maybe I should have started with that one! :)

Books

So Cozy!
by Lerryn Korda

The Full Moon at the Napping House
by Audrey Wood; illustrated by Don Wood


Optional Book (I used at another storytime)

Sleepyheads
by Sandra J. Howatt; illustrated by Joyce Wan

Songs/Rhymes

This is the way...(Going to Bed Edition)

This is the way I take a bath
Take a bath, take a bath
This is the way I take a bath
Before I go to bed!

Additional verses:
Brush my teeth
Get a drink
Read a book
Give a kiss
Whisper "Good Night"

Head Shoulders Knees and Toes

Are You Sleeping?
Are you sleeping, are you sleeping
Little Bunny? Little Bunny?
[snore]
Wake up little bunny
Wake up little bunny
Hop, hop, hop
Hop, hop, hop!

Additional verses:
Crocodile--chomp!
Elephant--stomp!
Dinosaur--growl!
Cheetah--run!

Play and Learn

Paper Quilt
Glue on color pieces of paper (triangles and square) onto a quilt template design

5 Little Monkeys Matching (cutting activity)

Puppets

Lacing

Cars

No comments: