Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mother Goose Storytime

I had a crazy schedule last week I had to pull together a storytime quickly.  I've decided Nursery Rhymes is one of those "go-to" kinds of storytimes!  So much available and so easily adaptable!

Books
Cindy Moo
by Lori Mortensen; illustrated by Jeff Mack

To Market, To Market
by Anne Miranda; illustrated by Janet Stevens

Song/Rhymes/Flannel

Hey Diddle, Diddle

Little Miss Muffet

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
(with a variety of different colored sheep!)

Play and Learn

Nursery Rhyme Scavenger Hunt 
I used the same scavenger hunt that I had made when I read Max and Ruby's Treasure Hunt--my group right now is too young for such a long book though.

Fill in the blank Hey Diddle Diddle
I used Microsoft Word to make this fill in the blank rebus of Hey Diddle Diddle nursery rhyme.  

The pictures are from PreKinders.  I printed four sheets to a page to make them small enough to fit onto one page.  The picture cues help children to retell the nursery rhyme.  


Duplos

No comments: