Saturday, May 27, 2017

Baby Storytime--April and May

I love, love, love Baby Storytime...but I've found that putting the outline on the blog every week is somewhat redundant since the program is almost the same every time.  So instead I will be posting once a month or so...

Read Aloud Book
(1 per storytime)

Ten Tiny Babies
by Karen Katz

The Very Busy Spider
by Eric Carle

Ten Tiny Toes
by Caroline Jayne Church

Elephants Can Paint Too!
by Kaya Arnold
**to go along with our special ART Week**

You and Me, Baby
by Lynn Reiser and Penny Gentieu

Songs/Bounces/Rhymes

*Hello Song
*Good Morning to You
*Little Bear
*There was a Little Duck
Baby Hokey Pokey
Tiny Little Babies
Pat-a-Cake
Itsy Bitsy Spider
I'm a Little Teapot
Three Little Monkeys
Hey Diddle, Diddle
Pease Porridge Hot
Hickory Dickory Dock
*Toast
Tickle the Clouds
Parachute Song (sung to Mary Had a Little Lamb)
One Bright Scarf

*every week

Flannel Board

Three Little Piggies
3 little piggies rolled in the mud
Oh, my goodness! They need a scrub!
The farmer took one piggie out
Oink, oink, oink! that pig did shout!

Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Using color circles I did as many verses as I thought the babies would enjoy

Brown bear, brown bear
What did you see?
I see a red bird looking at me...

I've added a pink pig and a gray elephant


Shared Reading
We've been using (discarded) Babybug magazines, which have been fun to share!
Play and Learn

We continue to pull out our "regular" baby toys--balls, discovery boxes, ring toys, stacking cups, blocks, sensory bottles, and puzzles.

ART week for the library district was May 15-19.  We made Mess-Free Paintings and Chalk Art!





No comments: