Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Cats--Toddler Storytime

For some reason I had the worst time deciding on a storytime for today!  But this one came together quickly and the children really enjoyed it--especially Big Box, Little Box and the playdough!

Books
Lola Gets a Cat
by Anna McQuinn; illustrated by Rosalind Beardshaw

Big Box Little Box
by Caryl Hart; illustrated by Edward Underwood 

Meeow and the Blue Table
by Sebastien Braun

Songs/Rhymes

Kitty Cat
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little kitty cat nice and sweet
Here are my whiskers and here are my feet.
When I go out hunting mice beware!
Or you might just have a ... SCARE!

Five Little Kittens

Five little kittens standing in a row
They nod their heads to the children so
They run to the left, they run to the right
They stand up and stretch in the bright sunlight.
Along comes a dog, who's in for some fun...
Me-ooow! See the kittens run!

I'm Hopping Like a Bunny
Nancy Stewart

Play and Learn

Yellow Playdough
All but one toddler played with playdough the whole time!  He enjoyed the buckets and beanbags.

No comments: