Friday, August 9, 2019

Grace Lin


On Thursday, August 8 we hosted the awesome author/illustrator Grace Lin for our Family Summer Reading Event!  Her presentation was awesome and my daughter was so excited to get her favorite book (Dumpling Days) signed by the author!

On the day of the event Grace was going to read aloud to our kids at Camp Read-A-Rama before lunch, however, her plane was delayed.  So I got the opportunity to read aloud from Grace Lin's books!  I have read all of her books so it was hard to choose but I finally decided to read a few of her Chinese Folklore stories.  Here is what I choose:

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
The Story of the Old Man of the Moon

The Story of the Paper of Happiness

Starry River of the Sky
The Story of the Old Sage

When the Sea Turned to Silver
The Story of the Ginseng Boy

No comments: