Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Winter--Virtual Storytime

Welcome Alphabet Song

What did Henrietta Bring?
 
1.  It's something I wear
2.  I wear it when it's cold outside
3.  It keeps my ears warm
4.  I put it on my head!

A Hat!

Book

Froggy Gets Dressed
by Jonathan London; illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz
Read with permission from the publisher Viking, and imprint of Penguin Random House

Parent Tip

Encourage your child repeat the action words and do a simple action as Froggy gets dressed in the book.  When you read about that article of clothing pause to let your child say the silly word and do the action.  This helps to build working memory which is an important skill when learning to read.

Flannel

One Little Penguin

One little penguin in the snow
Waddles fast and waddles slow
Flaps his wings and calls, "Come on!"
"Join me for some winter fun!"

Continue adding one penguin at a time until you have 5 penguins!

Animal Goodbyes

No comments: