Friday, November 19, 2021

Make a Wish Storytime

Welcome Song

Imagination

Making a wish blowing out the candles on a birthday cake.
Making a wish blowing a dandelion

Book
Make a Wish Bear
by Greg Foley
Read with permission from the publisher, Viking Books for Young Readers

Rhyme

Star light, star bright
The first star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight.

Magnet Board
(tune: If you're happy and you know it)

Oh, I wish I were a floating butterfly (x2)
I'd go flutter, flutter, fly
In the bright blue morning sky
Oh, I wish I were a floating butterfly!

Oh, I wish I were a shiny little fish (x2)
I'd go swimmy, swimmy, glide
In the Big blue ocean tide.
Oh, I wish I were a shiny little fish!

Oh, I wish I were a silver airplane (x2)
I'd go soar, soar, soar
As my engines loudly roar
Oh, I wish I were a silver airplane!

Oh, I wish I were a tall, tall leafy tree (x2)
I'd be the place to rest
For the birdies in their nest.
Oh, I wish I were a tall, tall leafy tree!

Oh, I wish I were a green and speckled frog (x2)
I'd go croaky, croaky, croak
As I jumped into the brook
Oh, I wish were a green and speckled frog!

Oh, I wish I were a bright and shining star (x2)
I'd go twinkle, twinkle, spark
In the nighty nighttime dark.
Oh, I wish I were a bright and shining star!

Song

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Animal Goodbyes
See ya later, Alligator
Blow a kiss, Goldfish
Give a hug, Ladybug
Toodle-oo, Kangaroo
bye-bye, Butterfly
Out the door, Dinosaur!

No comments: