Friday, July 8, 2022

Baby Animals

Hello Song

Magnet Board

I Like Baby Animals
(tune: Mary had a little lamb)

I like baby animals, animals, animals
I like baby animals I'll name a few for you.

Kittens, puppies, chicks and cubs
Chicks and cubs, chicks and cubs
Kittens, puppies, chicks and cubs
I'll name some more for you.

Joeys, ducklings, lambs and calves
Lambs and calves, lambs and calves
Joeys, ducklings, lambs and calves
I like baby animals!

Book

Play in the Wild: How Baby Animals Like to Have Fun
by Litta Judge

OR

Hello, Baby Animals
by Lorinda Bryan Cauley

Song

Are You Sleeping?

Are you sleeping, are you sleeping?
Little Colt?  Little Colt?
Wake-up little colt, wake-up little colt
Gallop, gallop, gallop
Gallop, gallop, gallop!

Additional/optional verses:
Owlet
Hatchling (alligator)--snap, snap, snap
Bunny--hop, hop, hop
Snakelet

Book

Joey: A Baby Koala and His Mother
by Nic Bishop

OR

Wee Little Lamb
by Lauren Thompson; illustrated by John Butler

Fingerplay

Kitty Cat
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little kitty cat
Soft and sweet
Here are my whiskers
Here are my feet
When I go out hunting
Mice beware
Or you might just get a...
SCARE!

Book


Eggs 1, 2, 3:  Who will the babies be?
by Janet Halfmann; illustrated by Betsy Thompson

OR

Homes in the Wild: Where Baby Animals and Their Parents Live
by Lita Judge

Magnet Board

Baby Owls

5 baby owls learning to say "Who?'
They flapped their wings and then said, "___________"
(words that rhyme with who--two, blue, shoe, glue, zoo)
Mama Owl cried, "No, no, not __________."
"Please, oh please, say 'Who, who, who?'"

Play and Learn
First play time in over two years!  All toys had to be easy to sanitize (no wood or fabric)

Balls, cars, and tubes
Art Cart--open ended art (construction paper, scrap colored paper, scissors, glue, crayons, stickers)
Counting cars
Dino bowling
Seal ring toss

No comments: