Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Winter (Part 1)

Books

Froggy Gets Dressed
by Jonathan London; illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz


Winter, Winter Cold and Snow
by Sharon Gibson Palermo; illustrated by Christina Song


Not Now, Cow
by Tammi Sauer


Turtle Walk
by Matt Phelan

Songs/Movement

Silly Dance Contest
Jim Gill

Jingle Bells

Flannel Board

Snowman Rhyme
by Deborah Garmon

I have a little snowman who has no clothes to wear,
So I'll give him a black hat, because he has no hair.

I have little snowman who has no clothes to wear
So I'll give him a bright red scarf, since I have one to share.

I have a little snowman who has no clothes to wear
So I'll give him blue boots, a nice, warm, wooly pair.

Now my little snowman has lots of clothes to wear,
And I hope that my snowman knows how much I care.


Yellow Mitten
Find the yellow mitten hidden behind different shapes

Play and Learn

Beads on pipe cleaners

Trains, counting cars, magnets, gears


Take Two

I ended up having to sub in another storytime later this week...and I had let families take some of my books.  Instead of  Not Now Cow and Turtle Walk I read the following:

In the Snow
by Sharon Phillips Denslow, illustrated by Nancy Tafuri

One Mitten
by Kristine O'Connell George; illustrated by Maggie Smith
(we ended when the girl found her second mitten)

No comments: