Sunday, February 8, 2015

Outreach Storytimes--Cookies!!

I've had so much fun with this theme that I have done it for my outreach storytimes for January and into February!

Books

The Cow Loves Cookies  
by Karma Wilson; illustrated by Marcellus Hall

Baking Day at Grandma's
by Anika Denise; illustrated by Christopher Denise

The Best Mouse Cookie
by Laura Numeroff; illustrated by Felicia Bond

Books for Toddlers

Mr. Cookie Baker
by Monica Wellington

Who Took the Cookie from the Cookie Jar? 
by David A. Carter 
(Lift the flap and pop-up version) 

Flannel Board

Five Little Cookies
Five little cookies at the bakery shop,
Shining bright with sugar Look so yummy with frosting on top.
Along came a ____________ with a nickel to pay,
He buys the __________ one and takes it away.


I'm glad I didn't glue the "frosting" on the cookie, because first we would count the cookies, then name the frosting color.

Who has the cookie? 
(Flannel Board Guessing Game)

Cookie, cookie soft and sweet
Who wanted to eat the tasty treat?


I used my "pet" animal magnet board pieces for this activity and hid a small clipart cookie behind one.  The children had fun guessing animals.

No comments: