Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tammy's Top Ten Tween Books for 2012

This is a totally biased list...the only qualifications are that it was published in 2012; it would appeal to "tweens" (ages 9-12); I read it; and I liked it.  So there are LOTS of other great books from 2012 that didn't make "my" list--mostly because I didn't get a chance to read them.  I am forever behind in my reading.  But here are my "Top Ten Tween" favorites from the year that you might also enjoy!


(Titles and authors starting at top left, clockwise)

Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy

Earthling  by Mark Fearing

Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril  by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Seeing Cinderella  by Jenny Lundquist

The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict  by Trenton Lee Stewart

False Prince  by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Above Average  by Andrew Clements

Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin

Barnum's Bones: How Barnum Brown Discovered the Most Famous Dinosaur in the World  by Tracey Fern

Island of Silence (Unwanteds #2)  by Lisa McMann


Author

1 comment:

Mark Fearing said...

Thanks for including Earthling! Tammy.

-Mark Fearing

www.markfearing.com