Friday, June 7, 2013

Mud and Bubbles

Over the summer Mrs. B and I do storytime together...so I will not be posting full storytimes because I did not plan them.  But you can see what we did at Mrs. B's blog.

However, here are two things I wanted to share about this week's storytime about getting dirty!!

Before I read my book I had to tell a little (TRUE) story about mud...and me.
When I was 3 or 4 years old I lived out on 3 acres.  My sister and I loved to play outside and mud was one of our favorites!  One day I went to play in the mud.  I discovered that when I put my feet in the mud I'd make the coolest sound when I pulled them up..."shooloop!"  Then I got the brilliant idea that if I left my feet in longer it would make a louder sound!  Well, needless to say I was stuck!  I thought I would never get out!  It wasn't long (at least that what my mother says) before my mom came to my rescue.  She lifted me up out of the mud, but my little red boots were still stuck!  So I know all about being "Stuck in the Mud"!!


After we got all dirty we needed to clean up...with this song about bubbles!

1 little, 2 little, 3 little bubbles
4 little, 5, little, 6 little bubbles
7 little, 8 little, 9 little bubbles
10 little bubbles go pop, pop, pop!

Pop, pop, pop those bubbles
Pop, pop, pop those bubbles
Pop, pop, pop those bubbles
10 little bubbles go pop, pop, pop!

We gave each parent/caregiver a mini-bottle of bubbles to blow while we sang this song.  We learned from our first day to save this activity to the end!!

No comments: