Sunday, November 2, 2014

Travel--November 1

The first theme for 2014's Picture Book Month was travel.  Here were the titles I brainstormed:

LaRue Across America: Postcards From the Vacation; by Mark Teagu
Where's Waldo; by Martin Handford
Whoo!  Whoo! Goes the Train; by Anne Rockwell

Then I remember a great book that my colleague introduced me to several years ago--Pigs on a Scooter!  It has been a few years since I used it, but when I thought of it I knew this was the one I wanted to share for this post.  However...I couldn't find it!  Finally, after some creative searching I found the real title of the book:

Six Hogs on a Scooter
by Eileen Spinelli; illustrated by Scott Nash

This is a funny story about a family of hogs trying to get to the opera, but having a few travel difficulties.  How many different ways can you get from one place to another?  How fast and how effective are those ways?  Can the family make it to the opera in time...and after they get there how do they get home?

A great picture book with lots of things to talk about with children!

No comments: