Monday, June 8, 2015

Baby Storytime--June 5

This week I highlighted books with photographs instead of illustrations and talked about how much babies love to look at faces!  This was also our first session with new songs/rhymes/bounces for the summer--so those always start off a little rocky.  Next year I think I will try to do the add one new one and take one away approach...then I will have done it both ways and see what works best for the babies, parents, and me.

Songs/Rhymes/Bounces

Words can be found at this post

Clap, Clap, Clap (Welcome)
We Sing Hello
Little Bear
Here are Baby's Eyes
As I Went Walking to Town One Day
This Little Piggy
Popcorn
Hug, Hug, Hug (Good-bye)

Read Aloud Book

A Kiss Means I Love You
by Kathryn Madeline Allen; photographs by Eric Futran

Shared Reading

Today I highlighted a new board book series we recently received at the library that features photographs instead of illustrations:  Rookie Toddler

Including Red Apple, Green Pear and Ears, Eyes, Nose

Play and Learn

In addition to our "regular" toys I also brought out our soft plastic blocks.

No comments: