Monday, June 8, 2015

Counting Storytime

I've finally learned!  Since I don't have a consistent group that comes to storytime I never know if I will have more preschool aged or more toddler aged children.  It has been pretty frustrating trying to plan.  So this week I had a Toddler Storytime and a Preschool Storytime ready to go for our Counting theme--so I was prepared for whatever group came!  I had 2 preschool children and 4 toddlers, so although I felt like I could have done more with the older kids, focusing on the younger kept them all engaged.

Books

The Big Storm: A Very Soggy Counting Book
by Nancy Tafuri

Five Trucks
by Brian Floca

The Very Hungry Caterpillar
by Eric Carle

Flannel Board/Songs

Five Green and Speckled Frogs
(This cute flannel board was made by one of my colleagues)


5 green and specked frogs, sitting on a speckled log
Eating the most delicious bugs.
Yum! Yum!
1 jumped into the the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were 4 green speckled frogs
Glub! Glub!

Continue counting down to zero.

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Traditional

My Hands
My hands upon my head I'll place
Upon my shoulders, on my face
At my waist and by my side
And then behind me they will hide
Then I will raise them way up high
And let my fingers fly, fly, fly
Then clap, clap, clap and 1, 2, 3
Let's sit down, quietly.

Play and Learn

Star Counting Books


Number Pom Poms

Monster Count Matching Game

Blocks

Pattern Beads

No comments: