Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Gingerbread/Cookie Storytime

I was assigned three preschool storytimes at three different libraries this month, so I took the same theme to each one...Gingerbread.  But I just could not find a 2nd gingerbread book I really loved, so I expanded the theme to Gingerbread & Cookies.  Unfortunately one of the preschool storytimes had zero attend (don't remember the last time that's happened!) but it had snowed the night before and it was still snowing.

Books
The Gingerbread Boy
by Paul Galdone

Mr. Cookie Baker
by Monica Wellington

Flannel/Songs

Down around the corner in the bakery shop
Were five yummy cookies with frosting on top
Along comes a _____________ (animal puppet) with a dollar to pay

He/she buys the _______________ (color) and takes it away.

Yummy Gingerbread
5 yummy gingerbread sitting on a plate
The 1st one said, “Boy we smell so great!”
The 2nd one said, “There’s a chill in the air”
The 3rd one said, “I see hungry children everywhere!”
The 4th one said “I think we better run!”
The 5th one said “Here the children come!”
Then the children each grabbed one with a
Munch! Crunch! Munch! Crunch! Munch!
The 5 yummy gingerbread all turned into LUNCH!

Five Little Gingerbread Men
5 little gingerbread men lying on a tray
1 jumped up and ran away
Shouting “Catch me, catch me, catch me if you can…
I’m really quick I’m the gingerbread man!”

No more gingerbread men lying on a tray.
They all jumped up and ran away.
Oh, how I wish they had stayed with me to play
Next time I’ll eat them before they run away.

Play and Learn

Lacing Gingerbread Man



Puppets

Felt "gingerbread children" to dress

Cars

No comments: