Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Yum! Yum! Let's Eat! Outreach Storytime

Outreach Storytime for November

Books

For younger children

Who's Hungry?
by Dean Hacohen and Sherry Scharschmidt

Crunch Munch
Jonathan London; illustrated by Michael Rex

Mmm...Let's Eat!
by Libby Koponen; illustrated by Betsy Thompson
One Little Spoonful
by Aliki

For older children (three of the following)

Hungry Roscoe
by David J. Plant

Badger's Fancy Meal
by Keiko Kasza

Harry Hungry!
by Steven Salerno

All for Pie, Pie for All
by David Martin; illustrated by Valeri Gorbachev

Bear Says Thanks
by Karma Wilson; illustrated by Jane Chapman

Songs/Rhymes

First, the songs that didn't really go over very well...

Picking the Fruit
(some toddlers were really good at waiting their turn, but others just wanted to take all the fruit down--of course it was harder when the teacher wasn't helping!)

Picking the [fruit] and putting it in the basket
Picking the [fruit] and putting it in the basket
Picking the [fruit] and putting it in the basket
Yummy fruit to eat!

I Like to Eat!
(I had two children choose a food clip art, then we'd sing...  It wasn't bad, but not great)

I like to eat, eat, eat
______________ on my ________________
I like to eat, eat, eat
______________ on my ________________

When I was assigned one more outreach visit for the month I decided to try a few different songs.

Jelly on My Head
(touch parts on the body)

Jelly on my head, jelly on my toes
Jelly on my shirt, jelly on my nose
Jelly on my belly, jelly’s the best food
And when I’m in a jelly mood
I just can’t get enough
Of that yummy, yummy stuff!

Nursery Rhymes

Do You Know the Muffin Man?
(children choose a food clipart and then we'd sing about another food man)

Pease Porridge Hot

Pat-a-cake

We also sang a random song or two...

Wheels on the Bus

If You're Happy and You Know It

Five Little Monkeys

No comments: