Saturday, December 19, 2015

Outreach Storytimes--Gingerbread

I was able to visit two childcare center this month and present a Gingerbread/Cookie Storytime!

Books
The Gingerbread Boy
by Paul Galdone
Depending on the age of the group I  skipped the threshers or the threshers and mowers so the book wasn't too long.

And one of the following:

Ginger Bear
by Mini Grey

Mr. Cookie Baker
by Monica Wellington

Flannel/Songs/Rhymes

Down around the corner in the bakery shop
Were five yummy cookies with frosting on top
Along comes a _____________ (animal puppet) with a dollar to pay

He/she buys the _______________ (color) and takes it away.

Gingerbread Man Song 
(tune: The Muffin Man)

Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man,
The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man?
Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man,
Who ran and ran and ran?

He said, "Catch me if you can,
If you can, if you can."
He said, "Catch me if you can,"
Then ran and ran and ran.

I can run like the Gingerbread Man.
The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man.
I can run like the Gingerbread Man,
Now catch me if you can.

No comments: