Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I is for Imagination!

Books

He Saves the Day by Marsha Hayles and Lynne Cravath

What Shall We Play? by Sue Heap

Songs/Rhymes/Fingerplays

Let's Imagine

Let's hear you roar like a lion!
Let's see you jump like a frog!
Let's see you snap your jaws like a crocodile!
Let's hear you bark like a dog!

Pretend you're an elephant with a long, long trunk
Pretend you're a monkey and jump, jump, jump!
An now you're a mouse.  Just let me see
How very quiet you can be!

Shake Your Sillies Out
(Found on Raffi's CD:  Raffi in Concert with the Rise and Shine Band)

Usually we just sing without a CD, but it was fun today to shake with Raffi!

Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out
And wiggle my waggles away.

Gotta clap, clap, clap my crazies out...
Gotta jump, jump, jump my jiggles out...
Gotta yawn, yawn, yawn my sleepies out...
Gotta stretch, stretch, stretch my stretchies out...
Gotta shake, shake, shake, shake my sillies out...

There was an old woman

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children she didn't know what to do!
She gave them all broth, without any bread
Then kissed them all soundly and put them to bed.

Where else did the old woman live?  
Answers included: sock, light bulb, monkey, cave

See our repeated songs and chants here!

Enrichment Activities

All of our activities today were to encourage imaginative play!  They included:

Playdough



Play dishes, pot, pan, etc.

Cardboard Boxes (which became a kitchen, cars, rocket ship...)

Dress-up Clothes

No comments: