Tuesday, November 19, 2013

T is for Turkeys

An outreach storytime presented at KinderCare on November 4 and Welcome School on November 19.

Five Fat Turkeys
(sung to: This Old Man)

This old road, hard and bumpy
Five fat turkeys wild and jumpy
Driver, driver not so jerky
Or you'll make us loose a turkey.

Spoken:  Driver! Driver! Stop I say!
One fat turkey got away!

Continue to count down to zero

Turkey Surprise
Written by Peggy Archer; illustrated by Thor Wickstrom

Stand-up Song:  Run Turkeys!
(sung to: 1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indians)

1 little, 2 little, 3 little turkeys
4 little, 5 little, 6 little turkeys
7 little, 8 little, 9 little turkeys
10 little tur-r-keys!

Run, run, run little turkeys
Run, run, run little turkeys
Run, run, run little turkeys
It's almost Thanksgiving!

Turkeys
by Hollie Endres



Albuquerque Turkey
Adapted by B. G. Ford; illustrated by Lucinda McQueen


I'm Glad I'm Not a Turkey
(sung to:  "Did you ever see a Lassie?")

I'm glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!
They stuff you and bake you
And then they will taste you
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: